Student loan forgiveness is on the horizon, with experts saying that President Joe Biden might cancel student loans for more than 40 million Americans any day now, erasing debt balances averaging over $37,000.
But what if you don’t qualify? Or what if it doesn’t happen?
Working remote and traveling might be the answer. Lucky for you, many companies recognize that their employees need help repaying student loan debt—along with the fact that many people want to work from home or work and travel.
FlexJobs—a job-search search site that specializes in flexible and remote employment—had identified 30 companies that provide student loan repayment assistance and hire for remote jobs. This means you can travel the world, earn money and not have to worry about student loans.
Many of the companies on the FlexJobs list offer student loan support via a monthly payment to people who are currently repaying debt. Other companies provide yearly contributions applied towards student loans (or even a 401k).
The level of student loan forgiveness usually depends on whether the employee has full-time or part-time status.
Here are 30 companies that offer student loan forgiveness assistance along with remote work or work-from-home opportunities, listed in alphabetical order.
- Abbott: A healthcare research company with remote jobs in marketing, medical science and more.
- Aetna: A health insurance company with remote jobs in consulting, customer service, research—to name a few.
- American Family Insurance: An insurance company with flexible jobs in event planning, project management and more.
- Ameritas: A company specializing in insurance, employee benefits and financial services with remote jobs such as senior plan administrator and data operations manager.
- Atticus Law: A new kind of public-interest law firm with remote work options in legal, writing and related fields.
- BAM Communications: A journalist-founded public relations and marketing firm with 100% remote jobs in advertising, PR, account management and more.
- ChowNow: A company that helps local restaurants with branded online food-ordering systems. Flexible ChowNow jobs have been posted in career areas like food and beverage and marketing.
- CommonBond, Inc.: A company that helps people fund student loans and has remote jobs in accounting, finance, legal and more.
- Crossmedia: A channel-driven, future-built media agency with 100% remote jobs with full-time schedules in fields such as advertising, PR, computer and IT, internet and ecommerce and marketing.
- Evercommerce: A portfolio of software companies that hires for full-time jobs with 100% remote flexibility in career areas including communications, accounting, finance, marketing, project management and computer and IT.
- Fidelity Investments: A financial services firm with remote roles like trader positions and investment consultants.
- Google: One of the most ubiquitous tech organizations in the world with hybrid and remote opportunities in fields like internet and ecommerce, engineering, project management and software development.
- GumGum: A digital media and advertising firm with 100% work-from-home flexibility and flexible schedule options in marketing, accounting and finance, operations and more.
- HCA Healthcare: A top provider of healthcare services that offers both clinical and nonclinical career opportunities with flexible career paths.
- Homesite Insurance: An insurance company that offers full-time jobs with up to 100% remote flexibility.
- Live Nation: A global leader in live entertainment and ecommerce with flexible jobs in engineering, sales, marketing and more
- Main Street Bank: A regional casualty and property mutual insurance holding company with full-time, remote jobs in business development, insurance and consulting, among others.
- Medix: A staffing and recruiting company with remote roles like customer service and engineering.
- New York Life: A mutual insurance industry company with remote-working roles in marketing, account management and more.
- NVIDIA: A technology company with remote jobs such as writer and game engine artist.
- Parallon: A healthcare company with career tracks in fields like medical, health, accounting, finance, insurance and more.
- Peloton: A home-fitness company with temporary, freelance and remote jobs with full-time and part-time schedules.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: A global professional services organization that has posted jobs in accounting, finance, consulting and business development, among related career fields.
- Pure Insurance: A company that provides a range of insurance services and often offers full-time and work-from-home jobs.
- Real Chemistry: A marketing and advertising company that has flexible jobs for individuals who have a bachelor’s degree and manager-level experience in fields like advertising, PR, medical, health and account management.
- SoFi – Social Finance: A fin-tech company that provides refinancing options, personal loans, life insurance, student loans, investments and mortgages.
- Teachable: A venture-backed startup company offering a platform for creating and selling online courses.
- The Hartford: An investment and insurance company with optional, hybrid, and 100% remote jobs, some of which have enabled flexible and part-time schedules.
- Vituity: A physician-led-and-owned healthcare delivery organization.
- Weedmaps: A cannabis company with jobs in marketing, media and more.
• How To Move Out Of The US (And The Best Places To Escape)
• Crime In America: Study Reveals The 10 Most Unsafe Cities (It’s Not Where You Think)